SplashTiles WebHooks are auto generated WEB URLS or EMAIL ADDRESSES which you can use for quick and easy automation.
- Control commands: Simple HTTPS GET Urls to send remote commands to SplashTiles. Generate these on our Control page
- Push Data: HTTPS POST Urls to send push data or images to SplashTiles. Generate these on our Control page
- TTS: Combo command to send data/image to SplashTiles AND run a MACRO. Generate these on our Scripts page
- Custom email address for sending & executing TTS via Text message or Email.
- OR HTTPS POST Urls to sending & executing TTS via Web API
- IFTTT (video tutorial)
- Advanced Scheduling
- Wyze and Nest Camera integration
- Use any IFTTT device or service trigger to control SplashTiles
- Camera motion triggers for TV popup overlay display
- WebHook to view camera popup
- Email with snapshot
- Forward Android notifications to TV popup overlay display
IOS (Apple) does not support notification forwarding (forbidden by OS).
- Caller ID
- Cloud Cam triggers
- HomeSeer, SmartThings, Raspberry PI, other home automation
- WebHooks are SIMPLE! Easy to add to any system
- curl command examples can be used directly from Linux / Pi command line
- Advanced real time 2 way control is also possible with NetPlay Cloud
- WebHooks require you to have a unique "Browser device" on your account. Create these on our Devices page
- TTS commands are all unique and have the access token built into the address itself.
- DO NOT share your WebHook URLs or TTS addresses publicly. They allow viewing and control of all your SplashTiles Screens.
- WebHooks/TTS do not allow access to your user account, subscription, payment, or screen editing. These all require your username and password.
- Use of the SplashTiles API is subject to rate limitations
- All accounts have hourly rate limits to prevent service disruptions caused by user programming errors
- Image uploads consume your rate limit at 5X rate
- Pro accounts have higher rate limits
- If you have exceeded the rate limit, API calls will return HTTP code 429 which also contains a "Retry After" time. Do not automatically retry on this error code!
- If you greatly exceed the rate limit, you will also receive an email from SplashTiles. If this occurs please check your automation for errors.
- Be careful with motion triggers. They need to be configured properly to avoid LOTS of false triggering!